1: Apply to the university
- Social Work: Direct Practice - MSW (Main Campus): December 15
- Social Work: Administration and Community Development - MSW (Main Campus): December 15
- Social Work: Direct Practice - MSW (Imperial Valley) (Accepting Applications Fall 2019)
- Social Work and Juris Doctor (Concurrent) - MSW/JD: March 1
- Social Work and Public Health (Concurrent) - MSW/MPH: March 1
Apply to the university using Cal State Apply.
Please note: After you apply, you will receive your SDSU Red ID -- Your Red ID is required to submit your program application.
If you have not received your Red ID within 10-15 business days of applying, please contact Graduate Admissions. Red IDs may be issued anywhere between 1 and 15 business days, depending on when you apply. We recommend submitting your Cal State Apply application as soon as possible to ensure you receive your Red ID on time.
2: Submit Official Test Scores and Transcripts
Official test scores and transcripts must to be sent to Graduate Admissions.
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
SDSU Institution Code (GRE and TOEFL): 4682
3: Complete the Program Application
Complete the program application using Interfolio. Click on one of the two buttons below to begin the program application for your desired program.
- If you've already started a program application for the Direct Practice or Administration and Community Development program, click here to continue.
- If you've already started a program application for one of the joint programs, click here to continue.
Further information can be found on the department website: Social Work (MSW) & Concurrent Programs.
For specific questions about program procedures and requirements, please contact the department at email@example.com.